Tuesday, May 11, 2010

GREY HIGH SCHOOL, ROBERT SELLEY MEMORIAL CONCERT

10 May 2010

The Editor,


Dear Sir,

As a Ward Councillor I am permanently at the coal face, so to speak, of a Metro that practices very little or no service delivery and that can only be described as a dysfunctional local government. Experiencing on a daily basis telephone calls not being answered by most of the departments and few, if any, replies to correspondence or even acknowledgement on issues of major importance with regard to citizens and rate payer’s requests, this experience leads to stress and despondency. On Wednesday, 5 May 2010, I slipped away from a monthly public meeting having had my say, to attend the Robert Selley Memorial Concert at the invitation of the Rector.

I can only say that this performance was so uplifting that all my concerns and worries were swept away by what can only be described as a highly emotional and exceptional musical experience. Once again I was moved by the high quality of music produced by these young “musicians” guided by talented and dedicated staff. It is amazing how beautiful music can feed the soul.

Thank you Rector and the Grey music department for injecting new energy into my being in order to pursue my many tasks.

Yours sincerely,

CLLR JEREMY DAVIS
WARD 5

No comments:

Post a Comment