14 May 2010
IDP PRIORITIES FOR WARD 5
All these items are top priority.
* Crime prevention measures, including drug trafficking, prostitution, human trafficking
* Multi-purpose centre which will include a youth centre for skills development, computer and technical skills, etc. (
* More clinics in the ward, currently there is only one clinic at
* Upgrading of the parks and playing fields as listed
* Erection of public toilets, vicinity of stadium, North End and Central (original application, February 2007)
* Incubators and containers for SMME’s
* Projects ring fenced for young people, skills development organization for the young
* Illegal dumping especially at the old cemetery and
* Traffic calming measures at:
* Floodlights at:
a. The Green, Erf 518, Mount Road an existing sport and recreation area with two hard tennis courts. The field itself is used regularly by numerous young children to play football. The floodlights would allow access in winter between 17h00 (after school) and 19h00, solar lighting would be the most practical solution.
b. Erf 184,